How to Read a dial Caliper?
Dial caliper is a very handy and convenient dimension measuring tool. It can measure outer diameter, inner diameter, thickness, Step and depth.
Steps for using a caliper:
1. Clean the panel before measurement..
2. Close the jaws and check that the indicator points to "0" on the dial face.If caliper doesn't zero, loosen the bezel clamp screw and rotate the bezel to the "0" position.Tighten the bezel clamp screw to fix the "0" position.
3. Dial graduation of .001" and .100" in one revolution for dial caliper of inch system.
4. Dial graduation of 0.02mm or 0.01mm and 2mm or 1mm in one revolution for dial caliper of metric system.
5. Clean the panel after measurement.